University services

Some services of library or university (for example of the HRZ) can only be used, if you have a uni IP address. In the StudNet you cannot use some of the university services directly, because the StudNet use a other IP address space as the university. You can take a univeristy IP by using a modified user name during login to use library or search services like Juris Online.

Using a modified user name

You can obtain an Internet IP address of the IP address space of the university Bonn (uni-IP) by using a modified user name. You have to add a suffix to the normal user name:

zxxxxx –>

Please note that the resources are limited. Please use this user name only in cases where a uni-IP is needed for research or university services. If you use a connection with this user name permanently for other purposes, your account can be blocked. The traffic is counted. The firewall blocks all incoming connections. In addition you might need to disable IPV6, since only IPV4 IPs are from the university network.

More information of available databases can be found on ULB - University Library Bonn and Databases and E-Journals at the University of Bonn.